Particularly increased traffic is expected during the long weekend of Ash Monday. Higher peaks are expected in the way out of the city:
- On Friday 24/02/2023, from 17:00 p.m. to 20:00 p.m., approximately, and
- On Saturday 25/02/2023, from 9:00 a.m. to 14:00 p.m. approximately,
and in the way into the city:
- On Ash Monday 27/02/2023 from 15:00 p.m to midnight.
Avoid peak hours to the extent possible when planning your trip to gain considerable time.
Consult the Traffic Prediction for the next three days and the Actual Traffic by visiting www.olympiaodos.gr
The drivers shall pay particular attention in the following areas where important works are ongoing to upgrade and enhance the infrastructure, and where delays may be caused during the peak hours:
- In the area of Megara I/C (k.p. 38.5 - 39.5);
- In the area of Kakia Skala (at about k.p. 46 and k.p. 48, in the direction to Athens), and
- In the area of Isthmos Toll Station (k.p. 73).
Finally, it is reminded that according to the Gov. Gaz. 433/31-01-2023, the traffic of heavy vehicles is prohibited on Athens-Korinthos-Patras Motorway and in particular from Elefsina Toll Station to Rion Toll Station on Friday from 16:00 to 21:00 and on Saturday from 08:00 to 13:00 in the direction to Patras and on Ash Monday from 15:00 to 21:00 in the direction to Athens.
Safe trips and happy holidays!!