Thirty two new cars were offered to the Hellenic Police to police the Elefsina – Korinthos - Patras Motorway within the context of the systematic renewal of the fleet according to the contractual obligation of the Company Olympia Odos SA.
The vehicles that were offered are the following:
· Twenty six marked patrol cars: Mazda 3 Skyactive X 2000cc, 180hp,
· Six unmarked police cars: Mazda 3 Skyactive X 2000cc, 180hp, and
· Six Investigation vans: Citroen Jumpy 1.5 diesel
that were allocated as follows:
· Ten cars (6 patrol cars, 2 unmarked cars and 2 investigations vans) to the 1st Attica Motorways Traffic Police Dept.;
· Eleven cars (7 patrol cars, 2 unmarked cars and 2 investigations vans) to Korinthia Motorways Traffic Police Dept.;
· Eleven cars (7 patrol cars, 2 unmarked cars and 2 investigations vans) to Achaia Motorways Traffic Police Dept.
According to the Concession Agreement, the company is bound to renew the fleet of vehicles that belong to the Traffic Police Departments of Olympia Odos Motorway every five years. At the same time it is bound to insure and maintain these vehicles, in accordance with the provisions of the relevant manufacturers’ manuals, and to provide and maintain the building facilities to house the relevant Motorway Traffic Police Departments.
Olympia Odos SA wishing to further support the Hellenic Police and in particular its departments and services that are located along the motorway, offered the old cars that were replaced by the above ones, considering that they have been systematically maintained and are still functional, as follows:
· Seven cars to the Hellenic Police Headquarters;
· Four cars to the General Police Direction of Attica;
· Eight cars to Korinthia Police Direction;
· Ten cars to the General Police Direction of the Region of Western Greece.