Olympia Odos was awarded a particularly important distinction in the category of “Corporate Sustainability Report” of the Corporate Affairs Excellence Awards organized by the Corporate Affairs Department (TEYP) of the Hellenic Management Association (EEDE).
In particular, in the category for which Olympia Odos was awarded, the criteria for evaluating the Sustainability Reports were set by TEYP in association with the Corporate Responsibility Committee of the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce. Moreover, it is worth noting that this year the Awards were marked by a historic participation of 133 candidates, while for the first time Deloitte Greece certified the safe and appropriate conduct of the competition.
Olympia Odos presented its first Sustainable Development Report for 2018 that reflected its strategy and the relevant outcomes in five major axes:
- Road safety and responsibility towards human life;
- Ensuring a high level travel experience to the users of the Motorway;
- Environmental protection, by means of innovation and digital shift;
- Support, development and promotion of the local communities;
- Constantly investing in a human-centered work environment;
The Sustainable Development Report was drafted aiming to become an active dialog platform with all stakeholders so as to essentially contribute to the joint effort to build a better future. The Report has been drafted in accordance with the internationally acknowledged GRI Standards of Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), which is the most reliable, acknowledged, and modern methodology to present Sustainable Development.
Moreover, the Report adopts best practices of the sector that:
- Turn road safety issues into becoming the core of Sustainable Development for Olympia Odos;
- Focus on staff and users health and safety issues;
- Identify the environmental footprint and develop innovative technologies to manage and reduce it;
- Go beyond common approaches and focus on travel experience and the role of modern motorways in the quality of life of the stakeholders, in accordance with modern trends for purpose-led organizations.
Mr. Panayiotis Papanikolas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Olympia Odos, said: “The distinction in this specific category of the Corporate Affairs Excellence Awards 2020 is particularly important for us, since we exhibited teamwork, consistency and dedication to plan the major axes of the action in terms of Sustainable Development. Therefore this a team award intended for all those who work in our Project, those who are in charge of the daily monitoring of the motorway 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and those who see to maintain the infrastructure and keep a high-level of operation and safety. We are all committed to significantly help achieving the goals we have set in the field of Sustainable Development.”.
The award was received by Ms. Sofia Stamou, Communication Manager and Mr. Alexandros Archontidis, Commercial Manager of Olympia Odos.