After two years of lockdown, we now have the opportunity to return to our dear rural cities and our places of origin during the Easter Holidays. However, this entails heavy traffic along the motorway over the next days. In particular, the traffic is expected to peak:
In the way out of the city:
- On Holy Thursday, from 14:00 p.m. to 21:00 p.m., approximately, and
- On Holy Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m.
In the way into the city:
- Easter Monday, from 13:00 p.m. to 22:00 p.m., and
- On Easter Tuesday, from 14:00 p.m. to 20:00 p.m.
Avoid peak hours to the extent possible when planning your trip to gain time.
Drivers shall pay particular attention in the area of Megara Interchange (k.p. 38.5 -39.5) where works are ongoing to reconstruct the old structures of the motorway.
Prohibition of traffic to heavy vehicles
It is reminded that according to the Gov. Gaz. 912/01-03-2022, the traffic of heavy vehicles is prohibited on Athens-Korinthos-Patras Motorway and in particular from Elefsina Toll Station to Rion Toll Station on the days out and into the cities, as follows:
- in the way out (direction to Patras) on Holy Thursday from 15:00 to 22:00 and on Holy Friday from 06:00 to 16:00;
- in the way in (direction to Athens ) on Easter Monday, from 12:00 to 22:00 p.m. 15:00 and on Easter Tuesday from 11:00 to 23:00.
To help the drivers, Olympia Odos reminds you of a few important rules for safe trips:
- Check your vehicle (fuel, oil, coolant, lights, turn signals and air pressure in the tires) before starting your trip;
- Consult the Traffic Prediction for the next three days at www.olympiaodos.gr :
- Check the Variable Message Signs of the motorway. The staff of the Traffic Management Center communicate with you and give you valuable information about the route ahead of you.
- See to the safe transport of trailers, bicycles and animals.
- Do not drive when you are tired, especially early in the morning or late in the night. When traveling long routes, stop for 15 minutes every 2 hours.
- Do not drive and do not stop on the Emergency Lane!
- If you need to speak to the phone and you are not equipped with a Bluetooth device, stop at a parking area along the motorway (available at every 10-12 km).
Safe trips for a Happy Easter!