17 Dec 2020
For the first time in Greece, kilometric charges thanks to the Hybrid tolling system of Olympia Odos
- Up to 76% lower charges at the motorway toll stations
- The first kilometric tolling system in Greece
- Exclusively using the OLYMPIA PASS transponder
- Parallel operation with the existing zone-based tolling system
- Available to all as of January 1, 2020.
Changing the situation on the Greek motorways, Olympia Odos implements the kilometric charging thanks to its Hybrid system for the first time in Greece, as of January 1, 2020.Thanks to a system of advanced technology that calculates the actual distance traveled by the vehicle, Olympia Odos offers lower toll rates at the motorway toll stations that may reach even -76%.
The new Hybrid tolling system that operates exclusively with the OLYMPIA PASS transponder is capable of calculating the kilometers traveled by the drivers and automatically make refunds corresponding to the non-traveled distance, and immediately credit the driver’s account.In fact, the drivers pass the tolls by using the OLYMPIA PASS and are charged with the rate corresponding to their route. When exiting Olympia Odos, the Hybrid System recognizes the transponder and refunds the difference, therefore the users are charged only for the kilometers they have traveled along the motorway.
The kilometric tolling creates new circumstances for trips in Greece, since its offers proportional rates, thus satisfying a long-standing demand of the community.
Mr. Panayiotis Papanikolas Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Olympia Odos made the following statement:
“The Hybrid kilometric tolling system is an innovative technological system that completely changes the way the Greek motorways operate, and constitutes an important social investment in people’s transportation, since it introduces the sense of kilometric charge for the first time in Greece. We, the family of Olympia Odos, are very proud and happy that we managed, during this very difficult period for Greece, to put into operation a system that will offer significant rate cuts to the drivers using the motorway.”
- VALUE Discount Scheme will continue to be valid for private cars in parallel with the new HYBRID tolling system. Therefore, the drivers will enjoy scalable discounts depending on their passages from the motorway and then the refunds made by the kilometric charge system.
- Μέσω του Hybrid, που θα ισχύει για όλους τους τύπους οχημάτων, πλην των δικύκλων, η Ολυμπία Οδός γίνεται ο πρώτος αυτοκινητόδρομος στην Ελλάδα που εφαρμόζει χιλιομετρική χρέωση και στους επαγγελματίες οδηγούς.
- OLYMPIA PASS subscribers of the above two categories, i.e. private cars and vans/trucks, are not required to proceed with any specific action, since the system will be put automatically in operation on Friday, January 1, 2021. The account statement of January will include, for the first time, the charges under the new system, i.e. the refunds that were credited to the subscribers’ account depending on the trips they have made.
- To get the OLYMPIA PASS transponder the procedure is very simple. The interested parties may register Online at the web page www.olympiaodos.gr or call at 22960 95555 and they will receive the transponder free of charge at the address they have indicated to us, within 10 business days.
- For motorcyclists who, for safety reasons, use only the Olympia Odos Motocard and not a transponder, Olympia Odos has designed another discount scheme, Moto VALUE, which will offer a 20% flat discount from the very first passage!
Detailed information about the new Hybrid kilometric tolling system is available on the website of Olympia Odos at www.olympiaodos.gr and at the Telephone Customer Service by calling 22960 95555 from Monday to Friday (08:00 - 18:00).