In view of the bad weather conditions expected in the following days in Attica and the Peloponnese, Olympia Odos has put its operation mechanism in a state of increased readiness. At the same time, it reminds the drivers who intend to travel during the next days, to take some important preventive measures for a safe driving.
Before starting your trip
- Consult the weather forecasts, be informed about the conditions on the road network and avoid the peak of the weather phenomena. Travel only if it is absolutely necessary.
- Be sure that you are equipped with a warning road safety triangle and a reflective jacket.
- Full your fuel tank up and top up your screenwash.
During your trip
- Always follow the instructions of the Traffic Police and the personnel competent for the operation of the Motorway.
- In the event of a storm / severe weather phenomena:
- Drive at low speed and keep long distances from the preceding vehicles.
- If necessary, stop your vehicle on the side of the road and away from any trees that may fall on it.
- Stay inside and put your hazard lights on until the storm subsides.
- Close your windows and do not touch any steel objects.
- Stay away from any flooded roads.
In case of emergency, call 1025.