Preventive measures to be taken by drivers in view of bad weather conditions
In view of the bad weather conditions expected in the following days in Attica and the Peloponnese, Olympia Odos has put its operation mechanism in a state of increased readiness. At the same time, it reminds the drivers who intend to travel during the next days, to take some important preventive measures for a safe driving.
Before starting your trip
- Consult the weather forecasts, be informed about the conditions on the road network and avoid the peak of the weather phenomena. Travel only if it is absolutely necessary.
- Be sure that you are equipped with a warning road safety triangle and a reflective jacket.
- Full your fuel tank up and top up your screenwash.
During your trip
- Always follow the instructions of the Traffic Police and the personnel competent for the operation of the Motorway.
- In the event of a storm / severe weather phenomena:
- Drive at low speed and keep long distances from the preceding vehicles.
- If necessary, stop your vehicle on the side of the road and away from any trees that may fall on it.
- Stay inside and put your hazard lights on until the storm subsides.
- Close your windows and do not touch any steel objects.
- Stay away from any flooded roads.
In case of emergency, call 1025.